Submission Deadline: September 6, 2017
- Complete the photo contest application by filling in each field below.
- The contest is open to all first-year Penn State students of any photography skill level.
- Limit submissions to one photo and one essay per person per month.
- Photos should convey an important message, story, or emotion from the community in which you are currently residing.
- The essay submission should describe what is happening in the photo, why you think it is important to your community, and how it connects to the Penn State Values. In addition, please add a caption description that briefly describes the basic details (who, what, when, and where) of the photo. Essays should be no longer than one page.
Image Quality and Content
- Images should be high quality and at least 1,000 pixels wide by 700 pixels high, with a minimum resolution of 72 DPI.
- Using built-in filters and color adjustments is acceptable, but altering photos by adding or removing elements is prohibited.
- Submit photos only if they were taken by you. By submitting an image, you attest to your ownership of the image. You also agree that Penn State has the right and license to redistribute the image, royalty free, on its various communications platforms, including but not limited to Penn State Today, Penn State News, various official social media platforms, and the Penn State Reads website.
The Penn State Reads judges panel will make final selections and reserves the right to withhold any submission. The winning photo will be featured on the Penn State Reads website and other Penn State media channels.
Submission deadline: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Two winners will be selected and each will be awarded a Penn State Book Store gift card valued at $100.
For questions about the contest, please email the Penn State Reads program chair, Barry Bram at firstname.lastname@example.org.